Augustin Hadelich

Edited: May 28, 2020, 10:58 PM · Just found this. I thought some might find it interesting.

SET LIST
Adams: Road Movies, III. "40% Swing"
Dvorák: Humoresque in G-flat (arr. Kreisler)
Suk: 4 Pieces for Violin and Piano, Op. 17: IV. Burleska

Replies (12)

May 29, 2020, 1:08 AM · I especially enjoyed the Humoresque - it was very nicely done, I thought, with attention and sensitivity.

Thanks for sharing it.

Edited: May 29, 2020, 4:38 AM · He is from another world. Check out the collage he recently made with other violin soloists of the Chaconne. It is striking how he stands out, shines, when he plays his parts, and the others are also fantastic soloists.

Chaconne at home for 14 violinists

May 29, 2020, 7:07 AM · He might be my absolutely favorite violinist. Wonderful to listen to and a joy to work with—he has soloed with us a few times.
May 29, 2020, 7:25 AM · Yes, one of the greatest of our time
Edited: May 29, 2020, 9:54 AM · I sure would like to have him play with our regional orchestra. I think he might be out of our league though. Financial considerations are such that the most likely soloists for next few years are the section principals. They're good musicians but they're not Hadelich.

Hadelich and Hahn are among my favorites too. I also have been listening to Frank Peter Zimmerman a lot lately. You just feel it when a violinist's playing "speaks" to you. Hahn speaks more to my head -- Hadelich more to my heart. I like both.

May 29, 2020, 12:58 PM · His "Ask Augustin" playlist is really great, too. Much of it is too advanced for me, but he has lots of interesting and helpful advice, and I can always aspire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7poulcN3I&list=PL9yWS3ViwScTxZszicRFeUyoPQA5Qb-zF
June 8, 2020, 9:50 PM · When I was a kid, my first violin teacher would tell me that Heifetz was in a class by himself. Now I tell my students that Hadelich is in a class by himself. The level of violin playing has advanced dramatically over the past 46 years that I’ve been playing. There are many wonderful violinists out there in the world today. But the truly great artists remain as few in number as ever. Hadelich is so much more than a great violinist. He is an artist. He is unique, incomparable, and inimitable.
June 9, 2020, 7:31 AM · He will be in Indianapolis in October! I will certainly have a ticket, regardless of price. I watch his series on YouTube though they are well beyond my level.
June 10, 2020, 12:39 AM · His "Hadelich at Home" videos are very educational and inspiring for violinist students everywhere.

I liked the performance review video he did with Ray Chen too.

Edited: June 21, 2020, 12:35 AM · My daughter got through most of the "Ask Augustine" videos that Kiyomi mentioned above. She says they were exactly what she needed while being stuck at home having nothing to do but practice & his 3 videos on intonation were especially helpful.

ETA: I appreciate that he keeps his channel strictly G rated.

June 21, 2020, 4:06 PM · Daddy Ray is what we call him on the discord server lol. I too appreciate the G rating of Hadelich.
June 21, 2020, 5:12 PM · Ray Chen is adorable but yup, not exactly G rated.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Watch Gilharmonic on Violinist.com
Watch Gilharmonic on Violinist.com

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe