If anyone's looking for distractions from their families and friends, could you listen to this recording of the Bach Gminor Adagio just made:
Would be interested in your thoughts. Basically, mine are:
* At times I convey some sense of the long musical line, but don't pull this off consistently
* Rhythm and metre are usually pretty solid but there's a couple of points where I'm still a bit uncertain about them
* I am often not sustaining the long notes well particularly on the E-string, which messes up the chord voicing. (I think I'm handling the lower voices better? Basically I think I'm in too much of a rush to get to the next chord)
* Intonation is fairly solid (a couple of points where it's not 100% but only a few)
* There are 2 wrong notes in the last line. No biggie.
Let me know what you think! Are those observations correct?
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...