Bach Violin Fugue Improvisation

Edited: December 13, 2017, 11:12 AM · Hi folks! I hope this isn't considered spam as I just wanted to share something I produced that I think people here may enjoy. I am a producer of online instructional videos, and am amateur violinist. I recently had the chance to produce a lesson series for Jason Anick who is one of the jazz violin teachers at the Berklee College Of Music. We recorded an arrangement of Bach's Gm Fugue. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTgsPJnAEbs

PS: Since I'm obsessed with violin, I hope one day to invite some great classical violinists into my studio to do some videos talking about their craft and all that fun stuff!

Replies (4)

December 12, 2017, 11:59 AM · That was pretty rad. I like what he did with it and the hot club at the end.
December 13, 2017, 11:08 AM · Thanks very much for watching! We had to digitally manipulate the pizz bassline to go an octave lower... we were debating if that might offend some purists, but in the end it sounded so much better that way!
December 13, 2017, 11:48 AM · I was curious about the bassline, but since you already are overlapping tracks, it's not like anyone would confuse this for live performance. Although, maybe you could get the same with an fx pedal.
December 13, 2017, 12:01 PM · Concept is cool. Not the most interesting chord progression (Bach or not). Could you put a pickup on the violin and route that through an EHX B9 pedal? Create some Hammond organ sounds.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases