I will be visiting Cremona in late September this year, and I'm looking for advice here to purchase a violin from a luthier there. I would probably want to spend several days to visit as many as I can and place an order between 10K euro to 20k euro.
- What's Cremona Musica (Sep 22 to 24) like and should I expect it to be a great opportunity to buy a violin?
- Should I try to be there before the Cremona Musica, or it's fine to visit after the Cremona Musica? Would that make a difference for placing the order with one of the luthier?
- Any other suggestions? Thanks!
- I've read Smiley's post and everyone's comments: https://www.violinist.com/blog/smileyh1/
- I've read Michael Zhang's post and everyone's comments:
- I've searched the discussion forum and learnt a lot from the wisdom of the community. Thanks a lot!
- I visited Ifshin violin, Kamimoto String Instruments, Johnson Strings, etc and some luthiers in the America and have tried more than 40 violins. I've learnt a lot from these experiences.
Any information is welcome and greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.