KorfkerRest for people with short necks

December 29, 2021, 7:32 PM · I've been looking at the existing threads about the KorfkerRest and have seen that most people who use it like it quite a lot and feel that it was worth the hefty price tag. However, I haven't seen much about the experience people with short necks have with it. I saw that there is now a short leg for the korfkerRest, but there isn't much about how well it works in the threads I've looked at.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about this shoulder rest especially due to how much is costs and if it's a viable option for people with short necks and how adjustable it is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies (4)

Edited: December 29, 2021, 8:58 PM · Hi, their extra low leg and joint, min height is 36mm, max height is 42mm. They are 1cm shorter than standard leg. And the wood is bendable, so you can reach further 1-2mm by bending it further.

You can also gain lesser height by changing position of shoulderrest further over the shoulder.

Now... the above are the answers I got asking Pirastro.

I haven't actually bought the short leg. I use a standard with minimum height. The shoulder side, it measures from bottom of rest to bottom of violin around 4.3cm (excluding the thickness of violin edge, sorry for my English).

If everything goes perfectly, using a short leg, you'll still have 3.3cm for shoulder side. You'll need to measure first if it's low enough for you.

December 29, 2021, 11:00 PM · I use the short legs on both sides with a low chin rest. On my other two fiddles I use the VLM Diamond. I like to have the fiddle close to me and on my collarbone.
December 29, 2021, 11:14 PM · The shorter legs make a big difference. I bought the short legs but I’m pretty tall and kept the originals on mine. I really like the Korfkerrest. If you end up getting one I would sell the pair of short legs for much less than I paid for them. Send me a message if interested.
December 30, 2021, 1:06 AM · I have the short legs. Work great for me with my short neck.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis
International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Shopping Guide
Violinist.com Shopping Guide

ARIA International Summer Academy

Metzler Violin Shop

Bein & Company

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Los Angeles Violin Shop

String Masters

Bobelock Cases

Things 4 Strings LLC

Violin-Strings.com

Viola-Strings.com

Baerenreiter

Fiddlerman.com

FiddlerShop

Sleepy Puppy Press

Jargar Strings

J.R. Judd Violins, LLC

Southwest Strings

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe