How to watch Janine Jansen Stradivari documentary in US?

September 28, 2021, 9:41 PM · I would pay for view on a US cable channel or even purchase the documentary if I had a link to a vendor.
Does anybody know how to watch
"Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari"

Replies (10)

September 28, 2021, 11:25 PM · Thanks for asking! I’ve been wondering the same.
Edited: September 28, 2021, 11:51 PM · Hi, I was curious and after lots of clicks I found that it premieres in the UK tomorrow on a channel called sky arts.

https://tvhighlights.bradfordzone.co.uk/television/tvprogrammes/janine-jansen-falling-for-stradivari-sky-arts-29-september-900pm/

After more clicks, found that you can stream sky arts from nowtv.com and they have a 7day trial for 1 euro.

https://www.nowtv.com/stream/all-channels-sky-arts

That's where I stopped. Hope it helps! :)

September 29, 2021, 1:27 AM · Thank you for that link. Here's what I've learned so far: "Now TV is a region-locked service, and is usually only available in the UK and Italy. However, with the right VPN, you'll be able to sign in and stream content from anywhere in the world." So in the morning, when I'm more alert, I'll find out what 'the right VPN' means. I appreciate your help, Carlos!
September 29, 2021, 9:21 AM · " Now TV isn't supported in the USA, but with VPN & Smart DNS it's possible...except the activation because the account creation requires a UK Credit Card...."

Well, the documentary will probably get to The Colonies some day. I'd love to watch the analysis of a dozen Strads by Janine Jansen.

September 29, 2021, 9:47 AM · @David, I remember reading about a masked/virtual credit card service that allows you to also fake your billing information. I'll look around and if its a reputable site, i will report back.
September 29, 2021, 10:42 AM · Is this the CD "12 Stradivari" that is due to be released in the US on Nov. 5?

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=12+stradivari&i=popular&crid=1Q12DO930OA7H&sprefix=12%2Caps%2C237&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_2

Edited: September 29, 2021, 2:56 PM · Andrew, what I understand from my reading of THE STRAD is that I'm wanting to watch a full-length video that documents the making of the CD. I've had recordings before comparing famous violins, but this seemed to me to add much more information. There are links to a "trailer" of the video and audio excerpts from the CD, but the video film -- an hour + in length -- at this point seems limited to UK distribution.
September 29, 2021, 3:09 PM · It seems to havre a link to the IMDB streaming service but is not available yet in the US.

In my search for it earlier today I found the 2010 film "JANINE" on youtube and watched that. It waas new to me.

Edited: September 30, 2021, 10:26 AM · Just got back from a chamber orchestra rehearsal so haven't had a chance to watch the documentary live, but my wife recorded it. I'll watch it tomorrow.

To go on with, here is a review of the documentary from The Guardian. I have little doubt the documentary will eventually turn up in the US and elsewhere (YouTube perhaps?). The review includes a 2 min video of extracts from the documentary - to whet one's appetite for the complete thing!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/sep/02/janine-jansen-falling-for-stradivari-review-violin-virtuoso-documentary

October 1, 2021, 11:02 AM · The Janine Jansen Stradivari documentary is being repeated on the Sky Arts channel, in the UK, next Wednesday, October 6 at 9 pm.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Johansen International Competition

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe