Kreutzer Etude #2 for 4 violins and Erhu

Edited: January 28, 2021, 6:47 PM · The cancellation of pretty much all concerts since March 2020 allowed me to focus on some other projects , including this arrangement of the famous Etude for 4 violins.
Every violinist has come across the Kreutzer Studies and the Etude #2. Hopefully not to many nightmares for the student(s) working all the variations or the teachers listening to it thousands of times.
Anyway, here is my take on it and I hope you all will enjoy it! Benedikt

Replies (7)

January 23, 2021, 7:01 PM · Excellent, love it.
January 23, 2021, 10:12 PM · This is delightful! Thank you for posting this. I also learned something about instruments!
January 24, 2021, 8:37 AM · Truly fun, and well executed and produced, thanks!
January 24, 2021, 10:14 AM · Very cool! What exactly are those instruments you're playing?
January 24, 2021, 1:18 PM · Thank You for your arrangement and video! What is the violin/horn? Who is playing what in the middle? (NS cello?)
January 24, 2021, 1:23 PM · The instruments are noted in the titles at the end. I looked up all of them. I want all of them!
January 24, 2021, 1:27 PM · Besides the traditional violin, I play on the carbon fiber, the Strohviol ( with horn) , custom electric and a Chinese violin called Erhu.
The Erhu has only two strings ( A & D ) and you hold the bow like the bass players do .
The Stohviol, also called Phonofiddle was invented before the microphones in the early 1920s, so that you could "aim" the sound directly at the cylinder for recordings etc and sound louder. They build cellos, violas and more. I explain it more in detail in another vid. Also, wiki has a page about it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

ARIA International Summer Academy

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe