I want to preface this by saying I don't mean to advertise - I'm a musician in college (not a company) and I really want to spread the word about a practice journal app I've been working on for a really long time. I'm excited to see how it will help people practice and stay motivated because it's been working great for myself and friends who have tested it.
You can get it for free on the app store, and see screenshots and more on my marketing website!
About the app
Andante describes a simple, walking pace; it feels calm and serene while also constantly moving forward with intention. That idea is what drove the creation of this app - creating a music practice journal that promotes calm, meditative practice as you progress through your musical journey.
Andante does this in a few ways. It provides one place to keep a log of your practice sessions as well as a journal where you can write about anything you want, so you don’t have to keep track of everything in your head. You can track your mood and focus to identify patterns in your practicing so you can achieve the most meditative, productive practice possible. You can keep yourself motivated to keep moving forward with intention by setting goals and seeing charts.
- Practice live with a timer, metronome, and audio recorder or manually add sessions with ease.
- Track your mood and focus and see charts that help you understand your practicing.
- Streak counter to motivate you to practice every day.
- Daily practice goals take streaks even further by setting how long you want to practice each day. See your daily goal progress on your Home Screen with iOS 14 Home Screen widgets.
- Charts and data. Visualize your progress with calendars and charts. See your practice time over the last 7 days, last month, or last year. See when you have the best mood by seeing trends between mood and time of day. And so much more!
- Minimalist design. It's important that nothing gets in the way of your practicing. Andante is designed to be as clean and simple as possible while still providing robust features.
My name is Miles, and I’m a musician in college. I originally started making Andante to help myself with my violin practice, and I would work on it every day to add features that would help me even more. Once I started giving it to friends and seeing how it helps people stay motivated, I was encouraged to take the project very seriously and make Andante as excellent as possible. I hope that Andante can help with your practice journey!Tweet
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.