Luthiers in Texas (Bryan/College Station)

October 14, 2020, 5:21 PM · Can anyone point me to some luthiers near me? I just moved here and need a rehair badly. I haven’t had my bow rehaired since I got it 4 years ago and I’ve somewhat ruined the hairs by trying to clean them in denatured alcohol and it ended up leaving a hard patch of solidified rosin. I probably need my sound post and bridge adjusted as well.

Replies (4)

October 14, 2020, 6:07 PM · I don’t know about College Station; you might need to go to Austin, Houston, or San Antonio. All three of the latter cities have much larger string playing communities.
Edited: October 14, 2020, 10:55 PM · They’re all about the same distance from here. Which would you suggest?
October 15, 2020, 12:35 AM · I’d go to Houston; find out who it is the Rice students and faculty use.
Edited: October 17, 2020, 11:08 AM · I like Sandro Cocco in Austin. Excellent rehairs and repairs. Reasonable prices. He does good adjustments and actually plays the violin.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe