Beethoven Cello Sonatas

July 17, 2020, 6:09 PM · I thought I would share some of the Beethoven Cello Sonata recordings with piano that I am working on. Take care everyone.

Replies (7)

July 21, 2020, 3:39 PM · Well, I like them!
Love the 'cello.
Edited: July 27, 2020, 2:36 PM · As well as the cello sonatas, there are several sets of variations Beethoven composed for cello and piano. Well worth studying and performing. I'm not sure how many sets of variations he composed, but the three I've learnt are,

"Bei Maennern ...",
"See the conqu'ring hero comes",
"Ein Maedchen ..."

They are all based on great tunes from operas, and you'll find my three on IMSLP.

PS. the “ae” in two of the titles is an alternative for the “a” with two dots that you get in German, but which isn't on my keyboard.

July 27, 2020, 5:02 PM · umlaut ü
July 30, 2020, 3:09 AM · I forgot to mention that the piano part on the recording is from a piano accompaniment website (linked in youtube description). He has a huge collection of accompaniments for violin, cello, and other instruments, and it is fun to play along rather than practice alone without the piano part as well. Cheers -Jay
July 30, 2020, 4:44 AM · I watched your first cello video and enjoyed it very much, also like the blue wall color in your practice room.
July 30, 2020, 6:52 AM · Thank you Jacob! Those were beautiful videos!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe