Any one have a good violin or music joke for kids?

Edited: July 4, 2020, 1:29 PM · I am going to be teaching a violin camp next week for beginning students. I thought some good, silly, music jokes would kind of break the ice each day, but I'm having a hard time finding appropriate ones for kids! It's either adult humor, belitting the violin, violinist or another instrument (i.e. I'm NOT going to tell kids to toss a violinist her case when she's drowning, or viola's burn longer), or way over their heads. An example of one that I'll use is "What do you call a cow that plays violin?" "A moo-sician". Just wondering if someone out there had maybe one or two I could use. Thanks!

Replies (12)

July 4, 2020, 2:07 PM ·

Q) Why is an icy sidewalk like music?

A) Because if you don't C-sharp you'll B-flat.

July 4, 2020, 2:32 PM · Not a violin joke, but; What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft? A flat minor.
July 4, 2020, 2:52 PM · Who wa Homer Simpson's favourite composer?
D'ohnanyi.

What did the fat spare string say to the thin one?
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

What do you call a funeral for Picts and Scots raiding the English?
A foray requiem.

July 4, 2020, 3:00 PM · "What do you call a cow that plays violin? A moo-sician"

I like that one. And it might take me some time to not think of that when seeing a professional musician.

July 4, 2020, 3:10 PM · What is the first phrase an adult beginner learns? I used to play, I wish my parents pushed me.
July 4, 2020, 4:01 PM · Where did Beethoven live? A-Flat
July 5, 2020, 3:50 AM · Play an open D=string and then the D an octave above it, and ask "What's the official name for that?"
answer: Fiddle D D
July 5, 2020, 5:09 AM · What note did Brahms leave on his apartment door?
Gone Chopin, be Bach in a Minuet.
July 5, 2020, 5:11 AM · David stop.
July 5, 2020, 9:32 AM · Okay, now that I caught my breath from laughing, I can say thank you all for your input. These are fun and I'm sure the kids will love them!
Edited: July 8, 2020, 9:18 AM · Knock knock! Who's there? Bizet. Bizet who? You can't Carmen, I'm Bizet.
And David, Brahms didn't remember to buy alcoh0l - he'd forgotten his Liszt.
In the middle of a performance of Neptune, why did the first trumpet suddenly start playing Jupiter at full volume? He was on a different planet.
How do you get through eighty Mars Bars in two minutes? You go diddiddidum-dum-dadadaa diddiddidum-dum-dadadaa etc
Then there are the words to the 2nd subject of the Unfinished:
This is the symphony that Schubert wrote and never finished,
This is the symphony that Schubert wrote and never finished,
Yeah, wrote and never ....... Aargh
Why did the male dancer in Spartacus not stop to sign autographs? He had to Khachaturian.
July 9, 2020, 2:37 PM · This is the symphony that Schubert wrote and never finished,
He took a break for tea, and inspiration just diminished, diminished..(fade out)..

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe