Francesco Pierotti Violin

June 5, 2020, 12:39 PM · My son and his teacher are currently trialing violins. Replies from some of you on an earlier topic stressed the importance of the teacher's advice and input.

The process has become a bit of a covid logistical nightmare. Eight violins from three different sources and an 80 year old teacher that is reluctant to venture out or have anyone venture in.

I don't blame him!

It's been fun and interesting to learn about the instruments that range from 200+ years old to brand new. I'm seeking information regarding one of the new.

Has anyone played, owns or had any other association with Francesco Pierotti violins? I'm told he and his instruments are relative newcomers.

Thank you in advance!
Richard Deady

Replies (2)

June 6, 2020, 1:21 AM · Even if someone here has had personal experience of violins by this maker it would be dangerous to assume that they all play more or less the same. A brand-new violin is an unknown quantity!
June 6, 2020, 10:32 AM · Thanks Steve! Part of my learning curve is to search and reference this site. There are multiple "general" references made to the reputation and quality of different makers/luthiers.

Such as:

"Some of the workshop violins that would be in the OPs budget include upper end Klaus Heffler and Conrad Gotz, both of which are excellent, and Giovanni Lutier which is an up and coming group of young graduates from the Cremona school of violin making. Of course there are many more also."

A quote from a previous article.

"When choosing a violin shop, research different available options and ask people you know for recommendations."

Another articled that appeared titled:

"Looking for a new violin? Take a look at these 50 modern American makers."

Just looking for the same general information, positive or negative, in regards to this Luthier and instrument.

Richard Deady

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe