Identify Orchestral Violin Piece used in the background

April 22, 2020, 2:17 AM · Greetings. The link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nFV0zdv5U&t=22s.
In the video by Twoset Violin, from 0:10 to 0:22 of the video, which classical composition is used (the background orchestral music)? It is so familiar. Sounds like a part from violin concerto?
Note bene: I am NOT at all promoting the video, just eager to know the classical music. Thanks all!

Replies (9)

April 22, 2020, 2:20 AM · It’s the opening of the Dvorak “American” string quartet, which is a famous viola solo in the quartet literature.
April 22, 2020, 5:19 AM · That quartet is part of what got me hooked on the viola, I love that passage!

@Xuanyuan Liu - not as comedic or organised... I expect the quarantine is not helping them. However, perhaps their content is becoming a little stale. Similar jokes over and over.

April 22, 2020, 4:11 PM · I notice they've been posting videos much more frequently in recent months than they did in the past. That has to have a negative impact on quality.
April 22, 2020, 6:07 PM · Many of their new videos really are awful. You can't tell one from the next, and their commentary lacks any insight or humour. They have a few decent ones now and again, but their most memorable work seems to be behind them.
April 22, 2020, 8:04 PM · "By the end of ten years, I'd said pretty much everything I had come there to say. It's always better to leave the party early."

-- Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes

April 22, 2020, 9:28 PM · Paul, it is great to see another calvin and hobbes fan, and Watterson was a very shy person. And yes, it seems that theyre quality isnt as good as it used to be, and ive been a fan for about 3-4 years by now. sheesh
April 24, 2020, 4:28 PM · They do comedy on a narrow topic, and I imagine it's hard to continue to come up with original ideas. Their strength is actually when they broaden out to more serious interviews, explorations of topics, etc. Their Hilary Hahn interview is great, for instance, as is the episode where they try out high-end violins.
April 25, 2020, 1:48 PM · Yau Qi Herng, you didn't ask about that quote from the first movement of a D-major Stamitz viola concerto that he plays on the viola and repeats a little at about 4:18-30 (just after he plays the Dvorak again) - Is that because you already knew it?
(By the way, that's the only Stamitz I know - I'm not that clever - It does have a beautiful slow movement and a passable rondo).

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe