Anyone using JamKazam--successfully?

April 19, 2020, 7:16 AM · JamKazam claims to be designed for playing with others in real time. I am having trouble installing it. Have you used it? Is it better sound than Zoom? lower latency?

Replies (6)

April 19, 2020, 7:50 AM ·
Edited: April 19, 2020, 6:21 PM · Assumed that it should be the same as Jamtaba, i got at best about 25-40 ms of latency by using a linux machine with a realtime jackd server. My internet connection is a 10 mbits not fiber one (Telecom Italia).

I hope that people with a better connection will be more lucky than me, but in any case it seems to have much less latency than zoom and skype, at least with me.

April 19, 2020, 7:41 PM · I've had some good jams on JamKazam, but it depends on the number of participates and their set up. Jamtaba is not real time but its a lot of fun.
April 19, 2020, 8:10 PM · Henry, can you comment on good/bad setups? Thank you!
April 19, 2020, 8:17 PM · Follow the recommendations of the site.
April 20, 2020, 3:26 AM · There is a software called ninjam: https://www.cockos.com/ninjam/

This software is not truly "realtime" as it syncs players by combining audio from all players at "next bar" or "next 4 bars", or something like that. It's been a long time since I last tried the software, but it kind of worked for improvisations where nothing too complicated in song structure was done.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe