MP3 accompaniments for Suzuki pieces

April 16, 2020, 10:19 PM · Hi all - as I have worked my way through the early Suzuki books, I have really enjoyed practicing with the MP3 accompaniment files available at this link: https://www.imtex.info/istex/mediathek/

However, now that I have reached Bach Double, it appears that it is only available as a Book+CD. I am very happy to pay money for the audio files, but I really prefer an MP3 download vs CD. Does anyone know of any comparable MP3 that can be purchased for download vs purchasing a physical CD?

Kerstin Wartberg is the author of the MP3s I have been using. I really love them and hope I can find something similar for my current piece! (as I mentioned, I am not looking for a free download...I am willing to pay for it but just prefer MP3 to CD.)

Replies (6)

April 16, 2020, 10:37 PM · There are apps that can convert YouTube videos to MP3. Anything on YouTube that you like?
Edited: April 16, 2020, 11:25 PM · There appears to be to be an accompaniment for violin 1 on Cadenza, which is an app,I discovered from another thread. Apparently only for Apple devices, but fun if you can use it, as it is interactive, and Bach is free
April 17, 2020, 5:04 AM · Bach may be free but recordings are not -- there are separate copyrights these days, stretching back to the 1950s in the U.S. where there is a copyright in the music itself (Bach is definitely public domain) and also a copyright in the sound of the recording itself (recordings made since sometime in the 1950s are protected by that sound copyright so they are not free to make mp3 files of to distribute to the public.)

More and more publishers are abandoning the cost of accompaniment CDs and are including a download code to get the mp3 files.

But buy the book and CD and then rip the CD to mp3 files -- that is legal for an individual to do for themselves as long as they don't share those files with anybody else.

Edited: April 17, 2020, 5:57 AM · In cadenza you download the music you select, only onto the app, and you play along with it.

Some pieces, including a lot of Bach , and this piece, are specifically stated as free,
They have offered use of the app free for the month of April,. You would normally pay a monthly or annual subscription, but I could not see how much that was on the App Store .
Try it while it’s free!
Lots of fun while you’re playing well, a bit demoralising when you go off the rails .

April 17, 2020, 8:18 AM · Another recommendation for Cadenza -- they have a lot of the Suzuki pieces. Some of the other programs out there have even more.

You can also buy all the Suzuki recordings on Amazon in MP3s. https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-music&rh=p_33%3AAlfred+Music+Publishing&s=relevancerank&page=2&Adv-Srch-MP3-Submit.x=26&Adv-Srch-MP3-Submit.y=9&qid=1587129398&unfiltered=1&ref=sr_pg_2

April 19, 2020, 8:53 AM · Thanks for the suggestions! I will try Cadenza!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe