Nathan Cole's Bach on the Road

Edited: April 15, 2020, 8:30 PM · I have found this series (on Bach's Sonatas and Partitas Mon-Wed-Fri 4pm CDT, live on Facebook and YouTube) to be just EXCELLENT. But, I think too many people missed it! Have you seen it? Replays are on Nate's Facebook page, natesviolin; I am still waiting to hear if the series will continue Monday March 30; I sure hope so, and I highly recommend it!

UPDATE: Just heard from Nate, Bach on the Road resumes Monday March 30 at 2pm Pacific time on Facebook for sure, on Youtube if it works. It's a one-hour interactive presentation in which he demonstrates interpretations of several sections, answers questions, and finally plays through the sonata.

Replies (6)

April 15, 2020, 5:16 PM · Yes more people need to see this! I am really amazed that Nate is putting in this much time and freely sharing so much. Support this guy on these live streams! Chaconne coming on Friday.
April 15, 2020, 6:31 PM · He is associate concertmaster I believe
Edited: April 15, 2020, 8:31 PM · This series is terrific, focusing on details of bowing, contact point, rhythm, arranging pitch in chords, phrasing, accent, and more--matters that it would take a year to cover in the usual lesson format. Nathan succinctly discusses what he prefers and demonstrates why. I don't understand why there are not more viewers--it must be lack of publicity. I am so glad this thread came up again; I hope more people view the live sessions (with live chat so you can ask questions) and the re-plays on Facebook (natesviolin) and YouTube. It's not just about Bach, it's about how to interpret a score--in more than one way. Mon-Wed-Fri at 4pm CDT, lasts 1 hour.
April 15, 2020, 8:05 PM · Erin I completely agree. I've only watched first one, and I really like how well he addresses things and doesn't forget his viewers. Some live streamers have the comments but totally ignore their viewers
April 16, 2020, 1:36 PM · Hi guys, thanks for checking this out, I appreciate it! Yes, I'll continue (as of this comment) tomorrow, which is Friday, with the Chaconne. Then for the following two weeks, Monday Wednesday and Friday all at 2 PM Pacific time.

I also wrote a little blog about it that should appear here on violinist.com soon.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Sejong Music Competition
Sejong Music Competition

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe