Whistler Positions vol 1 #112

February 9, 2020, 11:40 AM · This purports to be Wohlfahrt,
but I've looked through his Op. 38, 45, 54, and 74 a few times and can't see it. Whistler amends things, like #104, on occasion, so I may have missed it, but to save me the trouble of looking through them all again, can anyone tell me where #112 is from? Thanks.

Replies (6)

February 9, 2020, 12:58 PM · Op. 74 #35

It's #15 in book 2 of the Aiqouni edition.

Edited: February 9, 2020, 2:10 PM · Thanks, Mary Ellen. In fact I have a Russian edition (pdf) of what I thought was all of Op. 74, and I hadn't looked closely enough to realise it was only book 1.
February 10, 2020, 1:10 AM · Hmm, I found a cheap edition containing both parts of Op.74 and bought it, but searching for part 2 online as well, I discover that some editions have 50 studies in Op. 74 and some have 70. Why is that?
February 10, 2020, 8:00 AM · Most likely because different editors made different decisions about what to include?
February 10, 2020, 9:08 AM · You'll also find different editions of Kreutzer with different numbers of studies.
February 10, 2020, 9:21 AM · I've seen Kreutzer with 40 and 42, but the difference between 50 and 70 is considerable. The cheap one I bought has only 50, but they include Whistler's, so I'm happy enough.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha YVN Model 3
Yamaha YVN Model 3

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe