Can a lutheir fix this

January 21, 2020, 5:27 PM · https://i.imgur.com/HDlxpFI.jpg
Can a luthier "fix" or mask this kind of marks?

Replies (8)

January 21, 2020, 5:30 PM · Certainly it can be fixed, but if it were one of my instruments I would not worry about it until I planned to sell it, or was just anxious to visit my luthier again.
January 21, 2020, 5:43 PM · That's a relief, thanks.
January 21, 2020, 7:49 PM · Yes, that would be an easy fix for any trained professional to make practically invisible. The big thing would be to not let it go too long as to get dirty and caked with rosin, otherwise it will require more or become nearly impossible to hide.
January 21, 2020, 10:54 PM · Whatever you do, don't try to fix it yourself with furniture-touch-up products. Anything containing grease or wax will soak into the wood and make any kind of subsequent proper repair much difficult later.
Edited: January 21, 2020, 10:59 PM · I've had worse than this. The luthier I go to touched it up and didn't bother to charge me. Like Paul says, do not try to do it yourself.
Edited: January 22, 2020, 5:56 PM · The bridge slipped and did that, when I was trying to ajust it.
Yeah I wouldn't dare to try.
January 25, 2020, 5:37 AM · I'd worry more about how your bridge isn't straight.
January 25, 2020, 7:53 AM · I know it wasn't, but it is now.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha YVN Model 3
Yamaha YVN Model 3

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe