Strathmore Best Seats

January 13, 2020, 1:37 PM · I'm traveling down to DC to see this event:

https://www.strathmore.org/events-and-tickets/joshua-bell

The main orchestra floor section seems to be sold out, so in the absence of those tickets, what is the best place to sit? I've never been to this venue before, and at $125+ per ticket I'd like to pick the place with the best sound quality possible.

Also does anyone know if Joshua Bell will sign a souvenir for me after the concert?

Replies (2)

Edited: January 13, 2020, 10:46 PM · Josh Bell played a recital in Blackburg a few years ago. I had seats in the mezzanine and they were fine. Mr. Bell does not have trouble with projection. (The acoustics in the Moss Center are phenomenal though.) I would rather sit farther back or higher up than strongly off to one side or the other. It always surprises me that the President of the university, when he attends a concert, gets loge seats because I would not want to sit there. Maybe he gets them because they're a little more isolated, like box seats, with their own entry door.
Edited: January 13, 2020, 11:50 PM · Huh. I thought I bought tickets for this last year. Apparently not. Now I'm looking myself...

Orchesta Tier AA-HH, center, are still good seats, if further from stage; they are still main floor, but towards the back of the hall. If you're going by yourself is looks like there are still some excellent singleton tickets closer in the middle, in rows L and K, which would be hands down my recommendation.

In general, for a concert like this one, I would definitely choose a seat on the ground floor over the Promenade unless there are boxes left (the Promenade boxes are excellent), which there aren't.

Strathmore is an excellent hall. Just a few minutes from my house. :-)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe