Gael Francais/Thomachot

Edited: January 17, 2020, 12:19 PM · Once upon a time, Gael Francais represented Thomassin and had a shop in NY. Then he moved to Germany. Does anyone have good contact info for him? Or if he is still doing business with Thomachot? His website has an email that is not accepting messages.

Replies (6)

January 5, 2020, 1:24 PM · The latest information I have for Gael Francais is that he lives in Piding, Germany, and is focusing on restoration and repair.

The email address and phone number I have are gfrancais@earthlink.net, and +49 8651 762 1675, but I have not tried either to see if they work..

January 5, 2020, 2:24 PM · The email got returned. Might try the phone. Website is somewhat current, at least updated within the last year or two.
Edited: January 6, 2020, 7:32 AM · You can commission directly from Thomachot...very responsive and excellent to work with, reasonably priced, wait list is +/- a year.
Edited: January 6, 2020, 8:15 AM · Gail Francais isn't a young man anymore. And my impression is that he never aspired to be a social butterfly or internet hero.

I know of many highly talented people who don't wish to be easily contacted, because the "tire-kickers" can consume too much of their work time.

I no longer put my email address on my website, because at one point, I was getting hundreds of emails per day.

People who are really serious, from anywhere in the world, have always been willing to contact me by phone. At least that is my impression so far.

January 8, 2020, 1:21 PM · Answering email can get to be a lot of work. If you don't have an apprentice ("Daniel-san") or clerical assistant to whom that work can be delegated, then yes it can erode your productivity.

Remember when people said computers were going to *save* us time?

January 17, 2020, 12:20 PM · Just got a response. So something might have leaked through.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe