Orchestral Stringed Vendors & Companies at The Namm Show 2020 in Anaheim, California

Edited: January 1, 2020, 7:29 PM · Hello Violinist.com Bloggers,

My name is Peter and I am wondering if anyone knows of the Namm Show that is hosted in Anaheim, California! If so, then which companies that are associated with violin products usually attend, annually? I am a concurrent high school/college student that can attend but wants to make note of the orchestral stringed companies or vendors that rent booths there.

Replies (4)

January 4, 2020, 5:51 AM · visit https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020/directory and download the Excel spreadsheet of the list of vendors who will be there.

There are many violin-oriented vendors, just read through the list and then type up a list of those you are most interested in.

January 6, 2020, 7:28 PM · All the big string companies are there for sure, and more vendors of stringed instruments and accessories than one would expect. It's just crazy loud in the exhibit halls though. :P
Edited: January 7, 2020, 9:47 AM · 2250 vendors are listed on the directory spreadsheet. Thankfully, the listing is in alphabetical order.

Mysteriously, my favorite non-gut string maker, Warchal, doesn't appear to be listed.

January 8, 2020, 5:07 PM · I've been to NAMM many times and there are a number of string instrument vendors there. Usually there are no bench-made instruments, although perhaps some of the high-end instruments on display might be. I suggest also looking downstairs in Hall E, which by the way opens at 9:30 every morning (the main halls open at 10:00) where you'll find some smaller vendors, including some that sell fine woods. A few years ago, there was a maker from Cremona in Hall D, with a small both, but I haven't seen him in a while.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Find an Online Music Camp
Find an Online Music Camp

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe