How to buy the Mark O'Connor book III from outside the USA

December 18, 2019, 4:40 AM · I'm from Spain and I'm very interested in O'Connor method but, I seems that the official shop, Sharmusic, doesn't ship nowhere but USA and Canada. I finded a store with the other books (elderly) but it hasn't the third volumen, and I haven't found it either in Amazon Spain. Does know anybody where to buy this volumen?

thanks!

Replies (7)

Edited: December 18, 2019, 6:26 AM · It is quite possible that, in order to get his method books promoted, O'Connor may have entered into an exclusive arrangement with SHAR. Your options may be limited to finding a used copy somewhere or ... piracy. Maybe the people who answer the phone at www.oconnormethod.com can help you avoid those unsavory eventualities.

O'Connor's website says: " For international orders, contact Alexandra at intl@sharmusic.com "

December 18, 2019, 10:28 AM · Yes, I already wrote to Alexandra at that address but I didn't receive any reply. I would rather not have to call on the phone because my English is quite poor, and second hand I have not found anything.
I don't really understand those restrictions, if he want to avoid piracy with it, is getting the opposite.
Thanks for your suggestions anyway
December 18, 2019, 11:10 AM · grothmusic.com offers it and at least they mention international shipping. Perhaps it’s an option.
December 18, 2019, 8:34 PM · One warning about the O'Connor books is that they are bound into a very hard glossy cover -- very nice and expensive but unfortunately it will not lie flat on your stand. I took all mine to a copy center and had the bindings cut off and replaced with coils.
December 19, 2019, 2:42 AM · Eva, thanks, they got it! unfortunatly there's a problem with postal code, the checkout doesn't recognize the spanish number, I'll try to ask them a solution.

Paul, it's true, I have the I & II books and it's not easy to work with.

December 19, 2019, 3:51 AM · You will most likely have to pay duty fees when you receive the package sent from the US, which can be over 20 euros.
December 19, 2019, 4:58 AM · Matteo, I usually buy score books at sheetmusicplus and other shops, and I've never had to pay fees. I think the shipments retained at customs are the packages, those that go in envelopes dont usually have problems.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha YVN Model 3
Yamaha YVN Model 3

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violin Pedagogy Symposium
Violin Pedagogy Symposium

Masterclass Al-Andalus
Masterclass Al-Andalus

Aria International Summer Academy

Meadowmount School of Music

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe