Anybody Have Spare Strings Or Slightly Used Strings To Send My Way?

December 1, 2019, 7:31 PM · First off: I would like to say I'm happy to be on this forum and hope to be active on here as much as I can!

That being said, I was on the Violinist Subreddit where I made a post about I'm a pretty poor violinist from a pretty poor family in a pretty poor town. I'll spare all of you details and I'll just say a nice super sweet old lady I used to take care of before she passed away gave me a violin (my dear violin Enry!) that her granddaughter gave up on, and so I've been playing since, and I love it! I love violin and I believe I can be great at it! I'm currently in a tough spot though as the strings are at their breaking point (probably literally), and I nor my family haven't the money for any bit of strings. The subreddit suggested I hop on here and see if any aspiring and/or professional violinists have any spare strings or somewhat used strings that have lost their initial sound that they could part with.

I also would insist on returning the favor and I would be happy too as I am not asking just because I want free handouts. I'm a pretty good artist and I can most certainly draw something or maybe I can play some music for anyone that would help me out and it would super duper be appreciated! Again, I'm not expecting free handouts as I would be more than happy to send some kindness and a token of gratitude in return! Please and thank you and a happy holiday to all the beautiful musicians on this site!

-Boo

Replies (4)

December 1, 2019, 8:21 PM · I'd be happy to. Send me a PM.
December 1, 2019, 8:38 PM · PM me too. I think I've been saving used strings for years for you!
December 1, 2019, 9:51 PM ·
Thank you both for your kind, generous offers! I really really appreciate it and I would be eager to return the favor in some way for both your kindness!

Gabriel, I'm having trouble pm'ing you as the contact button on your profile doesn't seem to be working. Maybe it's my device?

December 1, 2019, 9:54 PM · No problem. Here's my email then. gxsmail@gmail.com

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Meadowmount School of Music

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe