Straight Lines...

November 27, 2019, 1:18 PM · Just thought I'd share one of those "moments" when somebody hands you a "straight line" that you simply cannot ignore.

This past weekend Linda and I attended a concert and seated next to us was a family with a young musician who is the student of the soloist on the program. During the intermission we chatted a bit about how rare it is to meet young people/musicians at concerts. During the conversation I mentioned that I play and teach violin. The wife said: "My husband plays a little violin." Not missing a beat I looked at the father/husband and said: "Your big enough to play a full-size..." It did get a chuckle

Has anyone ever handed you a straight line that you simply could not resist? What was it and how did you reply?

Replies (3)

Edited: November 27, 2019, 1:25 PM · Yes. A relative of mine went into downtown Philadelphia to see the Mummers Parade, which is known for having people dressed up in all kinds of fanciful costumes. He said that he saw a couple of guys dressed in bumblebee costumes walking in an alley. He said, "I don't know what they were looking for."

And I replied, immediately, "They were probably looking for a B.P. station."

It was dinnertime conversation, so I got a lot of laughs and someone asked how I could do that so quickly. But in fact it's a joke that I heard years ago, told slightly differently, but close enough that the punch line was the same.

Edited: November 27, 2019, 2:39 PM · /. .\
? Please explain "looking for a BP station"... I need a good laugh...
November 27, 2019, 3:44 PM · Bee pee

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Meadowmount School of Music

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe