Cheapest strings online

November 8, 2019, 3:47 PM · I've seen a few of these around, but they all seem to be quite old and I think this is a subject likely to change a lot over time.

What is the cheapest website for buying violin strings online? (barring Amazon and eBay)

Thank you!

Replies (10)

November 8, 2019, 3:49 PM · I've used violin-strings.com previously, but some aspects of the site are broken and I can't seem to select the strings I want
November 8, 2019, 3:54 PM · In Europe I find that TheStringZone in UK is cheapest. And they have very good customer service. We will see how it turns out with customs after Brexit, though......
November 8, 2019, 4:25 PM · I think it's worth reading around (as on this forum) to get information on the longest-lasting strings per unit of money you pay for a set. By long-lasting I mean when you hear the tone is starting to go south, even if the string looks and feels ok, as some covered synthetics may well do.

I'm not going to make specific suggestions - thereby avoiding blame ;) - because there are many others here with a much wider experience of string brands (mine is limited to a mere 4 or 5).

November 8, 2019, 4:30 PM · have you tried www.Chinese_Counterfiet_Pirastro_Violin_Strings.com?
November 8, 2019, 4:36 PM · I haven't yet, heard good things!
=)
November 8, 2019, 4:42 PM · I second The String Zone for the U.K.
The service is excellent, and they always seem to have stock at the right prices.
November 8, 2019, 10:01 PM · I think it varies. I haven't found any one site to be consistently cheaper. So I shop around every time I buy a set online. I usually pay a few bucks more to buy from my local shop, though.
November 9, 2019, 5:31 AM · Welcome Oliver Teske

I buy my strings online from a variety of online sources and try to buy what is on sale with no sales tax and free shipping. I usually buy most of my strings on Black Friday as it tends to give me the lowest price of the year. I rarely try new strings anymore unless they are sold at a promotional price which is hard to turn down.I have many violins and change strings every 3 months so I do shop around for the lowest price on what I like to use.

November 9, 2019, 6:50 AM · In the US, Concord Music has been the cheapest website I’ve encountered. They also have a great selection IMO.
November 9, 2019, 9:50 AM · Lydia, I also try to go to local stores when possible. I ended up ordering from Quinn Violins, which is local for me. I know it’s a little weird to order from a place I could get to in person, but I just don’t have the time.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe