Help wanted, help needed

November 6, 2019, 12:28 AM · Thirty years ago, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, Udo
Kretzschmann and his Vogtland neighbors set about reviving their region's traditional craft after decades of war and East German neglect.
Next month he's invited to talk about violin-making in Markneukirchen with particular attention to his Kretzschmann ancestors, among them Georg Carl, Christian Gottfried, Johann Georg, Johann Gottfried. and Carl Friedrich.
He would love to document his talk with photos. But he doesn't have any.
He would be enormously grateful if any violinist.com subscriber, who might own or have access to a Kretzschmann instrument, could send him a photo.
He can be reached at

geigenbaumeister@kretzschmann.de

Replies (3)

November 6, 2019, 3:19 AM · Hi David - I didn't find much online after a quick search, just one instrument that is probably a certainly a fake.

However, I suggest you repost your question over on Maestronet forums - the link below goes to the instrument I referred to above but will get you started. They guys would love to help!
https://maestronet.com/forum/index.php?/topic/328915-18th-century-german-violin/

November 6, 2019, 1:15 PM · Dear Ms. Stanley,
Thank you. I'll try it. I'd completely forgotten about
maestronet.
David Schoenbaum
November 7, 2019, 12:38 AM · Good quality photos will easily be found on Amati or Tarisio homepage. If one asked beforehand and put correct quotes, I don't think these instructions will refuse permission to use their pics, since this would be some kind of free advertising.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe