Next concerto

Edited: October 29, 2019, 2:54 AM · Hello,
I'm looking for a concerto after I've finished Mozart 3
I've played these during one year ( in chronigical ordre):
Vivaldi RV 356( with my teacher)
Vivaldi 's four seasons( studied them Alone)
Bach 'three concertos( including the double concerto.)(have studied them alone)
Schubert Sonatinas
Schubert trio n°2
And then big jump to:
Mozart 3 and Viotti 23(working on them simultanemly(working on them a the end of the year, which is July)
.My teacher gave me Viotti 23.I'll tell her that I prefer Mozart 3 and that I'm working on it since July, which is almost six month of working Mozart)

I 'm playing Viotti "perfectly"(wasn't so hard for me) and playing first mov of the Mozart "perfectly"(perfectly= like I want it to sound) .The second movt of the Mozart is almost" perfect" but I need to learn it by heart like the first movt and It 'LL be "perfect" in two weeks.I've just begin the third movt and have sightread it, but It need to be learn by heart and to be more musical(just began it two days ago)

Here's what I want to play( some of them aren't at my level):
Mozart 4 and 5
Mendelssohn E minor
Bruch G minor
Lalo 's Symphonie Espagnole(think it's too hard)
Tchaïkovski(sincerly think it is too hard)
Sibelius( I think it's too hard )
Wienawsky scherzo tarentella
Beethoven (doesn't look inaccessible technically, but I think it too is difficult Musically.It is also very long!)
I precise that these are what I WANT to play and there is a lot of them that aren't possible at my level

Waiting for your answers

Cheers

Replies (5)

October 28, 2019, 6:25 PM · Since you're pretty liberal with your use of "perfectly" and combining it with a phrase like "Beethoven doesn't look inaccessible" I would encourage you to be patient with technique until you learn things in a sequence.

Kabalevsky is probably next on the list, followed by Bruch as an entrance point to "professional" violin repertoire.

Edited: October 28, 2019, 6:42 PM · Thanks for your answers.
By perfectly, I was meaning that I can't play it better( for the moment) and that is presentable in a concert (of course it isn't presentable with "big orchestras" like Berlin , etc...)
I'm going to look at Kabalevsky
Another question:
Is Kabalevsky is a concerto that is beautifull and that people like it or it is more for developping technique(like Viotti)
October 28, 2019, 10:10 PM · Why am I getting deja vu?
October 28, 2019, 10:20 PM · Kabalevsky is pretty cool, in my opinion. But it was written to be a student concerto. Oistrakh has a great recording.

To be fair, Viotti wrote his concertos for himself to play. They've only become pedagogical in intent, later.

October 28, 2019, 11:14 PM · Kabalevsky or maybe Lalo. Sibelius, Paganini et al are out of the question (for the moment) based on what you've written.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe