Heifetz Masterclass: I found the 7th one!

October 4, 2019, 7:11 PM · Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while, but the last time I did, Elizabeth Matesky mentioned the JH Masterclass featuring herself playing the Khachaturian concerto to Mr. Heifetz.
A few months later, my orchestra announced their program -- which has the Khachaturian. I remembered Ms. Matesky's comment and it became my ambition to find this video, which I believe cannot be found on Youtube.
Multiple music websites have it, and I bought it and am watching it right now. :)
Ms. Matesky, if you see this, thank you so much for the treat!
I enjoyed it a lot. It seems incredible that you are the girl in the video.

Replies (9)

October 4, 2019, 11:12 PM · Link?
Edited: October 15, 2019, 2:41 AM · Dear Jaime ~

Thank You so much for such an effort!!!! How lovely of you ~ Here is the *Link to my JH Violin Master Class JH-7 film performing the Khachaturian Violin Concerto, 1st Movement, with JH Pianist, Brooks Smith!!! Turning pages next to Brooks Smith, is my JH Violin Master Class class-mate, Violinist, Erick Friedman!!! He was quick and fast with those piano pages!!! I so miss Erick Friedman, who was a friend . . . Angela Sullivan! You can see your Teacher, Erick Friedman, in my JH V.M.C. Film, turning pages for
Brooks Smith, at the Piano, while Mr. Heifetz, directs us out of an 'accident'!

*https://youtu.be/M54U-P-Vs9g

Enjoy it, Jaime, and visit my Facebook Timeline!! I'm posting this on now ~ My full name is used on Facebook under Elisabeth Anne Matesky

Thank you again and give my greetings to your Music Director!

Elisabeth Matesky

Bio ~ https://www.violinist.com/directory/bio.cfm?member=Milstein

Copy: D. Golden (1st)

October 7, 2019, 12:59 PM · Ms. Matesky, thank you for providing the link to your JH Master Class.

Unfortunately, when I click on the link I get a message instead of the video. The message says

"Video unavailable
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

I am going to buy the dvd from the link provided by David Page.

Thank you for for your continued contributions to this forum.

Bob

Edited: October 14, 2019, 9:44 PM · Response to Bob Brothers & David Page re my Heifetz Violin Master Class film Link ~

Dear Gentlemen, Bob Brothers & David Page ~

Thank you for your sluthing re my Jascha Heifetz Violin Master Class film, Officially titled:

Jascha Heifetz Violin Master Class - Khachaturian, JH-7, Elisabeth Matesky (Russian version. Library of Master Performers)

My JH-7, Khachaturian, Elisabeth Matesky film has long been available on YouTube since 2011. Shar used to sell our Heifetz Films firstly, on VHS, & then on DVD, but it's confirmed to me that YouTube has had them on their website from the Year, 2011, until Now, October, 2019. 'Our' young violinist, Jamie Haenisch, truly wanted to view my Heifetz Violin Master Class film & encountered great trouble accessing the known Link, and in fact posting a Violinist.com Discussion, "Heifetz Masterclass: I found the 7th one!' Posting Jamie's News on my Facebook Timeline, I was knocked off center today, 10/14/19, hearing from Bob Brothers, that YouTube is showing my Video 'not available' due to "YouTube Account associated with this film is being terminated." This has upset me deeply as someone or some people may possibly be stealing my work not to mention that of Jascha Heifetz, taking the film off without notifying me or my Artist Mgmt & now newly selling it *minus my name on the DVD cover at Shar. Sound like a Cabal? Kindly feel welcome to personally contact me on Studio Email (listed) regarding your experiences finding my JH-7 Film (or alternate email) c/o my Artist Rep, Mr. Golden ~ I'll ask him to make space for either of or both of you to leave your contact Info on Subject: 'JH-7 Film', & add a most sincere Thank you to Bob Brothers, for your interest to run this down, then advising me online of this distressing development which can hopefully be reinstated on YouTube by Artist Rep Managers on my behalf ~

Sending gratitude with musical greetings from the U.S. ~

Elisabeth Matesky

Monday, October 14, 2019 (3:36 PM, CDT)

* At the moment, I'll ask the Concert Artist Mgmt to not change the Link
until there is clear understanding & clarification of what, who & how this
evolved into such a professional offense to Jascha Heifetz and 1 of his
only 7 original JH artist - pupil's in The Emperor, Jascha Heifetz's, Violin
Master Class Films at USC, produced by Nathan Kroll, NYC acclaimed
Film documentary maker, winner of the Peabody Award amongst other
honours ~

copy: Dale Golden

Edited: October 15, 2019, 2:39 AM · Re ~ Bob Brothers Alert

Dear Bob,

Thank you very much again, for posting here regarding a matter I wasn't the least bit aware of concerning the by now internationally known Link to my Jascha Heifetz Violin Master Class film, titled:

Jascha Heifetz Violin Master Class - Khachaturian, JH-7, Elisabeth Matesky
(Russian version. Library of Master Performers)

& YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/M54U-P-Vs9g

This has always been available on YouTube since 2011. Please know my YouTube account is Not terminated by myself, but due to this sudden jolt of awareness, thanks to yourself, Bob, & with questionable YouTube wording, it will be necessary to delve more deeply into this ... Having made note of the *Link posted above by David Page, whom I didn't know, I clicked on & was upset, seeing barely 3 minutes of edited (that's a copyright law issue) with disconnected clips of our (JH, his pianist, Brooks Smith & myself with btw, Erick Friedman, turning the pages for JH Pianist, Brooks Smith, rapidly in my 28:44 minute Live performance filmed as it actually happened lesson with & before Mr. Heifetz), which on the Shar website isn't representative of our original full performance/lesson, so of course Mr. Page was unsure of its authenticity as Shar's Promo *neglects listing my name ~ Mr. Heifetz would be furious, placing the original reel to reel film tape in an aluminum canister into my hands after our 2 plus weeks of filming were completed, saying to me, "Liz, this is your own film to keep as a present from me for your fine work in your JH-7 film!" I still have it and now see the even greater kindnesses extended to me by my mentor, Jascha Heifetz, as a gift of proof of what was filmed in case something monstrous might ever occur in the future ...

Sending my gratitude to Bob Brothers & David Page for such caring help, I remain

Yours musically from America ~

Elisabeth Matesky *

*With a jolt like this, I must write my Book and Soon ...

*For now no changes in the Bio will be made until formal clarification

*https://www.violinist.com/directory/bio.cfm?member=Milstein

Copy: Dale Golden (next to last)

October 14, 2019, 8:48 PM · Ms. Matesky, I would greatly enjoy reading your book once it is finished. I would find it very interesting to know more about Mr. Heifetz and Mr. Milstein as well as some of your other interesting life experiences.
Edited: October 15, 2019, 2:38 AM · @Timothy Jayne ~

Thank you very much, Timothy, obviously a loving father!!! Your kind words and interest about both of my Great Violin Mentor's, Mister's Heifetz and Milstein, are greatly appreciated, giving fuel to a when first starting out as a Violinist, never imagined such a Musical Career and Life 'Mission' ~

A growing awareness of having arrived in Part III of my life, many words of interest from violin aficionados such as yours, inspire me to go on ahead!!! Having written articles, I'm somewhat conscious of an immense feeling and
responsibility to pass on shared teaching and life approaches of two of the Twentieth & Twenty First Century's Icon's of Violin Art ~

I best get on with it because I cannot bare the thought of not having left a little something behind in print for interested generations to read including one's yet to be promoted recordings and video 'homemade' artist teaching violin & chamber music master classes in esteemed venues in Chicago, London, Helsinki and in Atlanta, GA, in the only formal public address I've ever given on Nathan Milstein for an ASTA 2009 National Conference EM Featured Event, for All attendees with both students, string teachers, music lover's and a Strad Magazine from London Editor!! Time to fuse my life of music and living life together, I surely hope whatever form this takes that it won't disappoint kind people who have greatly encouraged me to do this ~

Thank you, dear Timothy Jayne, for your genuine interest!!

Elisabeth Matesky *

Hobby Music Writer

*https://www.violinist.com/directory/bio.cfm?member=Milstein

Copy: Dale Golden (last)

October 18, 2019, 9:17 PM · Hi Elisabeth! I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed hearing you play Khachaturian and you look so beautiful! What was it like playing for the maestro? Were you nervous?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha YVN Model 3
Yamaha YVN Model 3

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Tomplay
Tomplay

Violin Pedagogy Symposium
Violin Pedagogy Symposium

Masterclass Al-Andalus
Masterclass Al-Andalus

Aria International Summer Academy

Meadowmount School of Music

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe