Heifetz Masterclass: I found the 7th one!

October 4, 2019, 7:11 PM · Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a while, but the last time I did, Elizabeth Matesky mentioned the JH Masterclass featuring herself playing the Khachaturian concerto to Mr. Heifetz.
A few months later, my orchestra announced their program -- which has the Khachaturian. I remembered Ms. Matesky's comment and it became my ambition to find this video, which I believe cannot be found on Youtube.
Multiple music websites have it, and I bought it and am watching it right now. :)
Ms. Matesky, if you see this, thank you so much for the treat!
I enjoyed it a lot. It seems incredible that you are the girl in the video.

Replies (4)

October 4, 2019, 11:12 PM · Link?
October 4, 2019, 11:37 PM · Looks like maybe this one? https://www.sharmusic.com/Digital/Video/Master-Classes/Jascha-Heifetz-Master-Class-Series---Volume-7---Digital-Version.axd
Edited: October 7, 2019, 5:16 AM · Dear Jaime ~

Thank You so much for such an effort!!!! How lovely of you ~ Here is the *Link to my JH Violin Master Class JH-7 film performing the Khachaturian Violin Concerto, 1st Movement, with JH Pianist, Brooks Smith!!! Turning pages next to Brooks Smith, is my JH Violin Master Class class-mate, Violinist, Erick Friedman!!! He was quick and fast with those piano pages!!! I so miss Erick Friedman, who was a friend . . . Angela Sullivan! You can see your Teacher, Erick Friedman, in my JH V.M.C. Film, turning pages for
Brooks Smith, at the Piano, while Mr. Heifetz, directs us out of an 'accident'!

*https://youtu.be/M54U-P-Vs9g

Enjoy it, Jaime, and visit my Facebook Timeline!! I'm posting this on now ~ My full name is used on Facebook under Elisabeth Anne Matesky

Thank you again and give my greetings to your Music Director!

Elisabeth Matesky

Bio ~ https://www.violinist.com/directory/bio.cfm?member=Milstein

October 7, 2019, 12:59 PM · Ms. Matesky, thank you for providing the link to your JH Master Class.

Unfortunately, when I click on the link I get a message instead of the video. The message says

"Video unavailable
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

I am going to buy the dvd from the link provided by David Page.

Thank you for for your continued contributions to this forum.

Bob

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Joshua Bell and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Joshua Bell and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Pirastro Strings