Violin exhibition

September 29, 2019, 8:20 AM · Someone had posted link for contemporary maker show in NYC. Thought
I had screen shot but no, and can’t locate conversation. Hoping someone can help. Thanks!

Replies (10)

Edited: September 29, 2019, 12:11 PM · https://www.reedyeboahfineviolins.com/cintemporary-violin-makers-exhibitioon/

Perhaps the spelling is causing a problem...

Edited: September 29, 2019, 1:15 PM · Highly worth visiting.
September 29, 2019, 4:40 PM · I have seen some YouTube videos and it looks like it would be an excting day to attend a show such as this and look at and try these fresh new instruments made by the best makers from all around the globe. NYC traffic and parking tho is a nightmare and whenever I pass through there i think to myself how do all these peopke want to live in such congestion with concrete everywhere and everything costs so much more money. Drivers are super aggressive and people just pull right out in front of you even if the path is clear behind you. Even after midnight there can be 10 to 15 minute delays at the bridges and toll booths.
September 29, 2019, 7:20 PM · Thanks! I live in the Montana part of NY but love the city.
September 29, 2019, 9:53 PM · I went last year and wrote about my experience. Loved it. Wish I could make it out again, but am not keen to take the long trip alone. (If someone who lives in DC/MD/VA wants to go with me, get in touch, please.)
September 30, 2019, 8:06 AM · Lydia, do you remember the range of prices? Were there newer less well known luthiers who might fall under 15k?
Sounds amazing and fun regardless. Would be great to have the daughter play a range.
Edited: September 30, 2019, 8:27 AM · Jeff: they take the train!
September 30, 2019, 8:34 AM · Jeff - because people who live in NYC do not rely on cars to get around. We utilize our feet, bicycles, subways, trains, buses, and sometimes taxis/uber/lyfts and even the ferry.
September 30, 2019, 9:06 PM · It's been a long time since I've been to a cintemporary violin makers exhibitioon.
October 1, 2019, 12:22 AM · Matthew, there was one amateur maker there charging around $7k. The rest of the violins were $12k+, with the prices clustered in the $20k-35k range.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Joshua Bell and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Joshua Bell and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings