Question for current Korfkerrest users

September 5, 2019, 10:26 AM · Do you carry it separately in the little bag when not in use? I mess up the configuration everytime I place it in my case.

Is there something I'm missing ? lol

Replies (13)

September 5, 2019, 10:37 AM · I do the same with the height on my Wolf Secondo. I keep it out while I'm at home to avoid messing set up up
September 5, 2019, 12:33 PM · I had to barely rotate the feet (maybe 10 degrees?) to get it to fit in my old case. That's just rotating the foot itself, not the connection to the wood.

In my new case (Bam Panther Contoured) it fits without any adjustment at all.

What kind of case are you using?

Edited: September 5, 2019, 1:11 PM · You'd think they'd include a hardshell case with a strap for $450.

September 5, 2019, 2:02 PM · I have a Musafia Master Series Oblong and there's plenty of space in there! But can't seem to get a good spot for it.
September 5, 2019, 3:57 PM · It should fit in the lower compartment, with the feet slightly rotated out of position to fit the door closing. It's easy to rotate the feed back each time.
September 5, 2019, 5:05 PM · One needs a koffer to carry one's korfker!
September 5, 2019, 5:32 PM · Fits fine in my Musafia Enigma with a slight rotation of the feet that does not mess up the config.
September 6, 2019, 9:31 AM · Rocky hahahahahaha!
September 6, 2019, 12:04 PM · What Lydia said should work for your case as well. Good luck.
September 7, 2019, 4:59 AM · It fits nicely in my Musafia. I have the model with open space around the scroll an there is a velcro band to hold the rest under the neck of the violin. I see a pattern here; Korfker users have Musafia cases :)
Edited: September 8, 2019, 2:52 AM · Let's say we've tweaked the design of several of our models to make sure the Korfker will fit. Kinda got tired of answering all those emails "will my Korfker fit?"
September 13, 2019, 8:29 PM · Mine stays in the music pocket, inside the satin bag, in my Musafia too. Love that case and shoulder rest! Two brilliant products!
Edited: September 15, 2019, 9:04 PM · Oh, really? I used it twice, 5 min each, then abandoned it permanently, due largely to the poor build quality (the sponge started to show wear and one of the feet was defected if not broken after a total 10-min use!).

I am curious whether any top professional indeed feels secure and comfortable using this flimsy shoulder rest, and whether such a shoulder rest will still be in favor for its "high class" and fancy appearance 10 years from now...

Go back to my loyal and reliable old-time standards, i.e. Kun Bravo and VLM Diamond; very satisfied.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition