Anyone tried the Intunator app?

September 3, 2019, 4:32 PM · Saw the intunator app advertised to help with intonation. Has anyone tried using it? Do you find it successful?

Thanks

Replies (3)

Edited: September 3, 2019, 9:20 PM · I had never heard of it until you brought it to my attention here. I watched the introductory video and it looks promising, maybe. Three comments I have are 1) string players don't necessarily play in equal temperament, and 2) the silent mode is essentially no different than what I can accomplish with my already installed Peterson phone app tuner, and 3) wearing headphones while you're practicing doesn't seem like the most conducive way to hear your own instrument. But it will only cost you $4.95 US to try it. Let us know how it goes.
September 3, 2019, 10:22 PM · $4.95 is a pretty cheap experiment as they go. I wear headphones all the time while I practice along with orchestra or string quartet recordings. Otherwise I would have to play the recording VERY loud. My final comment is that equal tempered is better than ill-tempered, which is what 95% of your typical community orchestras players can manage.
September 3, 2019, 10:28 PM · Have you read this thread? https://www.violinist.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=3184

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic
Leila Josefowicz and the Los Angeles Philharmonic

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe