How to put up a songlist for dummies

August 20, 2019, 5:34 AM · So, this is really really stupid question, but here goes stil.

How do I make a songlist on my Ipad? The question is that where am I able to buy the pieces? As it happens Im looking for a Perlman recording and Itunes store does not have it and frankly they seem to have very limited amount of classical pieces. So how would I go about finding and buying specific pieces for my ipad?

I need only some pieces (for my daughter) so Im not looking for a monthly prescription to any site, which probably would cost too much for us anyway, but would like to buy the pieces we need. For example Perlmans recording of Vivaldi a minor, which we have so far listened on youtube, but youtube is getting pretty annoying with all the adds and besides a playlist to be played in the car for example would be best. In istores the single pieces seem to cost 1-2 euros, which is entirely payable.

Replies (11)

August 20, 2019, 6:25 AM · Have you tried Amazon.de, where you can by classical music recordings in MP3 format? For example, you can even find Pekka Kuusisto's Vivaldi a minor, and many others'. I haven't tried, but I think it should work. Good luck!
August 20, 2019, 6:47 AM · what you do is download and covert You-Tube videos into an MP3 file using an app like https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/#one

August 20, 2019, 7:43 AM · If there is something you need to learn how to do with your phone or your iPad or whatever, you can almost certainly find a YouTube video that will show you step by step.
Edited: August 20, 2019, 12:07 PM · Maria it seems Perlman performing Vivaldi a minor is on the iTunes store. Search on the iTunes store for Perlman Vivaldi. Then click Albums. From there you will find the Album "Vivaldi - Concertos". The a minor is on that album, you can buy the three movements separately.
August 20, 2019, 12:16 PM · Thanks

Timothy, something like that would be great, im going look into that

And Jean, you are right, it is there, I just couldnt find it lol Im not very good with these things lol

August 20, 2019, 11:24 PM · iTunes is going to be the best source for downloads.

I prefer Spotify, which has an offline listening mode and an enormous number of recordings. Subscription service, but it's been entirely worthwhile for me.

August 21, 2019, 4:14 AM · no problem Maria, you wrote something to the effect that the iTunes store has a poor offering in classical music, actually, this is really not true. it has almost everything actually. so, I think you can just stick with iTunes on the iPad. if you don't find something, let me know :-)
August 21, 2019, 6:04 AM · Another vote for Spotify. It allows you to listen to many interpretation of a same piece without having to download them all.
August 21, 2019, 10:02 PM · Yeah I like Spotify too. Much better than Rhapsody (Napster).
August 22, 2019, 6:52 AM · Don't underestimate Perlman's friend Pinchas Zuckerman, who doesn't turn his nose up at "easy" pieces (I heard him on the radio performing Elgar's Six Easy Pieces).
August 22, 2019, 7:13 AM · The new UniConverter from Wondershare:

https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/

will allow you convert videos from YouTube to mp3 music files for use on iTunes. There are many other audio options as well. I've been using this "app" and its predecessors for years.

I also purchase mp3 music files (usually as entire CD playlists) from Amazon and load them into my iTunes.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition