Violin Padma conferred with Kalaimamani Award - Highest Honor of State Government of India

Edited: August 15, 2019, 12:04 AM ·

Replies (7)

August 10, 2019, 2:53 PM · congratulations!!
August 12, 2019, 12:38 AM · Thanks
August 13, 2019, 11:09 AM · I have an album with Pandit V. G. Jog, which I like a lot. It's extremely intense the way the music builds up, it's hard actually to listen to a whole album of it.
August 13, 2019, 3:07 PM · I congratulate you, too!

I also have some questions, if I may:

Is your musical style more Hindustani? Carnatic? A personal fusion? Something else? Technically, your way of holding the violin and bow looks basically Western and works quite well for you, yes? Thanks.

August 17, 2019, 11:55 AM · Reply for Paul deck
Yes indeed . When something is unfamiliar it takes time to warm up to it . Very similar to trying new cuisines for our taste buds . Some foods need what we call “an acquired taste “. Here is a small attempt I have started . Do check it out

August 17, 2019, 11:58 AM · Reply for Raphael Klayman

Thank you very much for your kind wishes . I have had intensive training in Carnatic Classical only . My affinity to absorb new styles of music is what you hear as glimpses of Hindustani music . It is entirely in observation and absorption . You are right , most of our classical musicians play in the cross legged posture sitting down (I have also trained like that only ) This playing of Indian Classical in a standing up posture (like western classical ) started of as an experiment . It intrigued me if I could maintain the authenticity of my musical style while adapting the posture . The experience has helped me explore new paths and I hope to continue to do so . You do not have to sit cross legged only in order to learn Authentic Indian music . Do check this out too

August 17, 2019, 8:41 PM · Thanks!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases