Hospital

August 10, 2019, 9:31 AM · Hi guys,

I'm going to a nearby hospital to play some tunes for some people, with one of the doctors playing the piano. I'm looking for some suggestions on some pieces, adult and kids, would like to hear.

I haven't played much recently, so I would say I'm about la folia level in suzuki book 6 right now, if that helps narrow the suggestons.

Thanks

Replies (4)

August 10, 2019, 9:40 AM · Ask the doctor/pianist.
August 10, 2019, 4:00 PM · Garrett,

Hal Leonard publishes a lot of arrangements of popular, classical, movie tunes and themes for solo and other arrangements for various instruments. I'm pretty sure he has a set that you and your pianist would find acceptable for the hospital audience.

I use the solo violin books for my students as it provides a lot of music for "Friends and Family" as well a school assemblies, and other venues where you need nice short pleasant music that most people will enjoy.

August 11, 2019, 6:52 AM · My amateur orchestra played a concert in the auditorium/lecture theatre of a large public hospital last year. We played mainly film music (that's our thing) together with other very recognisable and well known material. The programme was about 40 minutes long.

It was a wonderful occasion, with a mixed audience of hospital staff and patients, some of whom were on drips and other support equipment. I think the things that people recognise from their out-of-hospital lives are most therapeutic. I hope your concert goes well!

August 11, 2019, 9:49 AM · Thank you guys.

I will certainly take a look at some Hal Leonard themes, and have indeed used them in the past. I actually use some a couple years ago to play some holiday tunes, in fact.

I will certainly try my best!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases