Pianists

August 8, 2019, 10:37 PM · Hello,
Sort of following from a previous thread, does anyone know anywhere I could look for a pianist (a good one) to read through chamber music with and maybe perform if given a chance?
I'm not at university yet, but thought I'd see if I could find someone before I go so I have some experience.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Replies (5)

August 8, 2019, 11:26 PM · Ask people in your musical circle instead of people on the Internet who have no idea where you live.

- Ask your violin teacher. She/He must know some piano teachers who have students around your level.
- Ask musical instrument shops, put up a flyer there.

August 9, 2019, 12:11 AM · I agree with "Ask your teacher".

Also, check your local chamber music societies. Be aware that your pianist will have significant input into the repertoire you pursue together, and that for a lot of chamber music the pianist has to invest a ton more time than you do in order to learn the work.

Your teacher may also be able to suggest reasonably priced professionals that you could pay to read with you.

August 9, 2019, 3:52 AM · I meant like general things I could do, not specific to my location
August 9, 2019, 9:23 AM · How to find a good pianist is 100% dependent on your location.
August 9, 2019, 1:53 PM · Mary Ellen is correct.

The locus of pianist-collaborators for chamber music varies a lot per city. Here in my city, a meaningful number of the adult amateurs interested in collaborative piano study with a particular teacher. The professional collaborative pianists willing to play with others without payment are largely aggregated into a few chamber music societies. Others are associated with a particular chamber-music seminar. Some are centered around a certain community music school.

It is very specific to locale.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases