My new violin studio!

July 18, 2019, 11:16 AM · It's official! My dream of having my own studio has come to life, and I thought I would share it :)

https://g.page/fiddle-and-fugue?share

Now comes the hard part of advertising, and building a student base; but I am super excited to start this new leg of my violin teaching journey!

Instagram: @fiddlefugue

Replies (10)

Edited: July 18, 2019, 3:27 PM · Nice! Where are the interior pics though?

EDIT: Never mind, they're on your website.

July 18, 2019, 3:40 PM · Your website is really good!
July 18, 2019, 3:48 PM · Brilliant name!
July 18, 2019, 4:03 PM · That's a very attractive studio. If you use that keyboard to accompany your students, however, you might want to situate it so that your back isn't to your student...or do you move the stand and have them in a more appropriate placement relative to the piano?
July 18, 2019, 7:11 PM · Thanks for checking it out everyone! :) I'm glad it's well received.

I am unfortunately a very poor pianist so it's largely for tuning and aesthetic. I occasionally will have an accompanist come in to play with the students for recital season though.

July 18, 2019, 11:01 PM · Looks great. My first thought upon looking at the pictures is what Mary Ellen said about the piano. What will eventually happen is that you will have young students with parents are decent pianists and they can accompany in the run-up to recitals and such for their own kids and sometimes for a few other kids. I know about this since I'm one of those dads who seems to do a lot of accompanying.
July 18, 2019, 11:13 PM · I love that display area!

Berg AND pride stuff? Sign me up!

July 19, 2019, 4:15 AM · Best wishes for your new venture.
July 24, 2019, 10:56 AM · Nice studio. I did not see any mirror. That is a useful too for teaching, you may want to consider adding one. Good luck with your new endeavour.
July 24, 2019, 11:19 AM · My teacher has a mirror that he can bring out quickly. With little kids, the constant presence of a mirror is likely a huge distraction.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Meadowmount School of Music

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Potter Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Violin Lab

Violin-Strings.com

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe