Chanson sans paroles (Tschaikowski) - Violin Sheet Music

Edited: July 5, 2019, 1:57 AM · I'm looking online for the violin sheet music for this wonderful piece. There seems to be different versions of the sheet music.

Please see the video for the required version. Itzhak Perlman played this version as well.

Appreciate if anyone can point me to the correct sheet music. Thanks!

Replies (9)

Edited: July 5, 2019, 6:35 AM · None of these the arrangement you're looking for?

https://imslp.org/wiki/Souvenir_de_Hapsal%2C_Op.2_(Tchaikovsky%2C_Pyotr)

July 5, 2019, 2:00 PM · I think the OP is after #3. IMSLP has a piano/violin transcription for #2 but not #3.

It would help if the OP provides the opus and piece number and also, if there is another version (as implied) detail that so that every person reading doesn't have to go through all the same background steps ;)

July 5, 2019, 2:06 PM · I'm confused - at another location on IMSLP I did find this:
https://imslp.org/wiki/Souvenir_de_Hapsal,_Op.2_(Tchaikovsky,_Pyotr)
July 6, 2019, 12:17 AM · Sorry Elise - that's the link I copied but lost a few characters in the pasting. Piece #3 the Chant sans Paroles does appear to be the same piece as the "Chanson" in the youtube clip, although which if any of the 6 violin/piano arrangements it corresponds to I'm too lazy to find out
July 7, 2019, 12:02 AM · Thanks for the responses. I'm afraid the correct one still cannot be found based on the sources provided.

One of the obvious differences is that in the video, fingered harmonics were actually played towards the last few measures.

July 7, 2019, 9:34 AM · Vincent - look at the reply to the first (bottom) comment on that youtube!! Its only 7 months ago and he offers to send the sheet music. Of course we do not know if it is identical...
July 7, 2019, 12:48 PM · The Marak and Nachez arrangements on IMSLP have some virtuosic components. If that is what you are after.
July 7, 2019, 1:54 PM · Perlman plays the Kreisler version which is available in The Fritz Kreisler Collection, Volume 2 (Carl Fischer)...but I think that version is a little different from the video you posted...
July 10, 2019, 1:46 AM · Thanks for highlighting that the version is by Kreisler. The search continues.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition
Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition