Claudio Ciurba violin

July 1, 2019, 12:26 PM · Has anyone heard of or have experience with a Claudio ciurba violin? I am considering purchasing one but never heard of the maker before.

Replies (3)

July 1, 2019, 12:59 PM · Romanian firm, Metzler violin shop sells them so they're probably half decent.
Edited: July 1, 2019, 2:27 PM · Ciurba Claudiu is a maker from Reghin in Romania ( Ciurba is the last name, in Romania last name comes first.)
Around the year 2000 I tried a number of violins brought in from Rhegin, among others a Precup Floria - which I bought - and a Ciurba Claudiu.
These had certificates stating they were handmade by Precup Floria and Ciurba Claudiu respectively, but they looked very much like good workshop instruments, and the price was accordingly. That violin has been very good value for it's money, excellent tone and response.
Rhegin mass produces violins, they have the largest factories in Europe.

Ciurba has trained at the Cremona school of violin making , and does make completely hand made instruments.
If I were to buy one of his own violins I would first check with someone who knows the ins and outs of the Reghin type instruments, someone like Martin Swan.

July 2, 2019, 4:22 PM · Thank you, that is great information. Any other makers in Reghin?

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Pockestra
Pockestra