Certificates?

June 29, 2019, 6:37 PM · Where does everyone keep their certificates on their bows and instruments? Currently I keep mine in my case, but figured maybe it's best to keep it elsewhere in case it is stolen. Are scans of certificates considered valid as a backup? My violin has Millant papers and that'll never be reissued since he is now deceased.

Replies (6)

June 29, 2019, 7:14 PM · Safety-deposit box. Keep photocopies where you can scan them (for insurance providers, maybe). Not sure why you would want them in your case-- might make the contents even more attractive to thieves.

The closest I have heard to that might be to have an appraisal letter included in the case with your name on it. That way, when you bring it back into the country, you have some evidence that you didn't buy it abroad.

June 29, 2019, 7:51 PM · Fireproof safe / safety deposit box.
June 30, 2019, 7:03 AM · Yes, keep it in another place. Take digital photos of it, as well of the instrument and bow.
June 30, 2019, 7:26 AM · I'm just displaying it on my shelf lol I once put my another certificate in the box but it had gone moldy..
June 30, 2019, 8:41 AM · OMG people those certificates are like money. Please take a picture or scan to keep an electronic record, and then keep the original in a safety-deposit box.
July 9, 2019, 6:29 AM · There are certificates not worth having, but the good ones I keep in my parents' house away from harm's way and definitely nowhere near the articles they certify.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Pockestra
Pockestra