Delphine Petitjean bows, anyone heard/use her bow?

June 24, 2019, 12:25 PM · I was chatting with an old buddy who is a violinist and he casually mentioned the name of an up and coming female bow maker : Delphine Petitjean.
Has anyone heard or use her bow? I was sent a link And she has an Instagram page with pictures of what I think are gorgeous bows.

I like the look of her bows but I'm no expert. Anyone care to comment regarding the craftsmanship and shape of the bows? I'm wondering if the extra sapphires would negatively affect playability to what extent?

Thank you for your comments

Replies (10)

June 24, 2019, 1:07 PM · This is her instagram link btw.
https://www.instagram.com/delphine_petitjean/
June 24, 2019, 3:03 PM · Her bows are beautiful, that's for sure...
June 24, 2019, 3:04 PM · Having been following her on Instagram, all I can say is that her craftsmanship looks absolutely first rate. There is perhaps more "bling" than is common in more traditional bow craft, but to each their own. If the wood is good, the balance is correct, and the camber well shaped, these ought to be really nice bows. That said, I can't imagine buying any bow, for any price, without playing it first.
June 24, 2019, 8:34 PM · Damn. Those bows...
I want one just so I can caress it and admire its stunning beauty.
And then sell it so I can buy a good player.

I dunno if all that intricate artwork makes the bow sound any better.

June 24, 2019, 9:39 PM · If something could be made great just by being made pretty, I'd be.. Um, never mind.
June 24, 2019, 10:28 PM · Thank you for your responses! Keep them coming!

I don’t know how they play, just that they look nice. So looks like the craftsmanship. I don’t want to judge playability when I haven’t even seen one. Wonder if anyone plays on it and have any comments to share.

June 25, 2019, 5:20 AM · Her metalwork is just amazing.
June 25, 2019, 5:55 AM · Some prestigious musicians are using her bows it looks like.
June 26, 2019, 11:36 AM · Anyone know the price range?
June 26, 2019, 11:44 AM · You can actually message her on instagram she will respond. She told me she has a 2 year waitlist though.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Pockestra
Pockestra