Any experience with geige-cello-bass.de?

June 5, 2019, 7:38 AM · Anyone remember my hunt for Flesch flach (flat) chinrest for my girl?

Well, I found one on this site and ordered, almost 1,5 months before and well, havent received it. When I ordered I got the Paypal receipt but no receipt from the seller, I thought that maybe I had misspronounced my email address and decided to just wait and see. But still no chinrest, so 2 weeks ago I emailed the address in the Paypal receipt and later the email address on their webpages. And no answer.

Has anyone here ever heard of this shop? Could it be that they dont understand English? What next? I have never been in a situation like this before, do I just contact Paypal to get my money back? I just cannot believe that anyone would try to make money selling violin gadgets on a fake internet site.

And still Im i short of the 1/4 violin chinrest. So frustrating.

Replies (7)

June 5, 2019, 9:43 AM · Sounds like you have done what you can your end to get in touch with them.

I take it you have had no shipping notice or anything like that?

At this stage, I would pursue a refund via paypal.

June 5, 2019, 11:25 AM · No, I have not gotten any shipping info or anything.

The only problem, where am I going to get the chilnrest now. It is about 80 euros to get it shipped from the states... and the thing only costs like 20 euros in itself.

Edited: June 5, 2019, 11:31 AM · After a quick google search, I have found the following:

Are these the sort of thing you are after?

https://www.paganino.com/accessories/viola/chin-rest/flesch-round-chin-rest-4-4-ebony.html

https://www.thesoundpost.com/en/store/accessories/violin/chinrests/flesch/pagamini-flesch-chinrest-1-4-1-8

June 5, 2019, 12:17 PM · Yes, its the one in the first link, but its size 1/4, harder to find. They sell it in amazon.com, but it is over 70 euros only for the post and package, I asked. I have to pay taxes from the sum too. I live in Finland.
June 5, 2019, 12:26 PM · Actually now I found the confirmation emails from my email box, they were missdirected. I sent another email asking whether they have åosted the chinrest. Will wait a week still before contacting Paypal. Strange that they have not replied.
June 5, 2019, 12:55 PM · Maria, arc-verona.de have it. It costs €22,90, and probably shipping from Germany to Finland is not as expensive as shipping from the US. Orders I placed on this site always reliably arrived a few days later.
Hope this helps,
Bart
June 5, 2019, 1:08 PM · Thanks, Bart, I will look into that :)

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Warchal Metronome

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop