Trinity violin travel set

May 5, 2019, 9:14 AM · There are zillions of stories around in the www about air traveling with an instrument, and most of us are frightened to death if it comes about that topic. While cellists will have to get their instrument it's own seat, and many violas will eventually be to long to fit into anything which might fulfill the measurements of hand luggage, different cases have been invented for traveling with a violin - some better, and some worse. What always kept me from buying a BAM overhead case (which occurred the most promising to me yet) was - the hefty price. And still we're in the boarding personal's grace, pay for early boarding etc.
Although it seems to be on the market several years already, I just stumbled over the Trinity Violin Travel Set the first time. It's a bit similar to the BAM overhead, there's only space for a violin in the case, which is stored diagonally in a cabin size suitcase (with extra room for clothes, iPad, toothbrush...), which is navigated by a handle which takes up to 2 bows inside. And all together for a price quite below the BAM.
It's a tempting combination - has anybody here experiences with this set?

Replies (4)

May 5, 2019, 9:36 AM · I have the violin and the bow case for about a year now. No complaints, extremely comfortable for the back to carry it around.
May 5, 2019, 10:47 AM · I have a customer who recently retired from MS, and is thus well positioned to be able to afford it!
It looks cool. He travels quite a bit. I would be interested in just the violin case for shipping or ferrying a violin. If you have a larger violin-like a long-pattern Strad or a big Derazey you might not be able to fit it in the case. In the shop, it looked like you could waltz onto the aircraft without anyone other than the person who x-rayed the bag knowing that you had a violin.
May 5, 2019, 11:12 AM · Right, that was an issue, I had a 35,9 cm Ventapane for a week which did not fit into the case.
May 10, 2019, 5:06 PM · Still wondering if someone here ever traveled with the whole set...?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Pockestra
Pockestra