Another question for Lyndon Taylor - Can't find Klaus Becker website you spoke of

April 28, 2019, 11:34 AM · Hi Lyndon, or whomever else might know the answer. I'm trying to price compare bow prices on a Klaus Becker 2 Star.

Lyndon mentioned a Klaus Becker site, but I can't find it.

Anyone have any idea, or do they only sell wholesale?

Replies (6)

April 28, 2019, 11:41 AM · I got a Klaus Becker from Shar. It was on sale and a very good deal. I have since up graded, but it is a good back up bow.
April 28, 2019, 1:23 PM · Thanks. I'm trying to price compare against Shar.
Edited: April 28, 2019, 5:50 PM · I was thinking of the Becker factory instruments from Germany, I think Klaus Becker must be a Shar house brand they claim they're made in Germany but probably sourced from China. The $500 nickel mount German Pernambuco bows I was thinking of were companies like Seifert and Dorfler.
April 28, 2019, 7:25 PM · Ok, different beast.
April 29, 2019, 12:02 AM · House brands are generally the highest profit items for a retailer, and of course you can't compare prices.
Edited: April 29, 2019, 11:56 AM · The Becker I was thinking of is Karl Becker, (not Carl Becker), who made cheaper production instruments in the 60s and 70s, thought they might still be in business.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Pockestra
Pockestra