Lotus light power connector type?

April 6, 2019, 12:23 PM · I stupidly lost the power cord for my Lotus Pro 14 light today.

Does anyone know if the barrel-type to USB connector for the power supply is a Type H, Type M, or Type N? Or is it a proprietary cable?

Replies (9)

April 6, 2019, 9:37 PM · I don't have a Lotus light, but I have to say that USB to barrel plug cords are an uncommon configuration. In fact I've never seen one before. So you might as well just buy it from Lotus. Get two! You're probably pressed for time, but I don't know that you have any other alternative.
April 7, 2019, 12:02 AM · I realized I could buy all three cables from Amazon for a total of about $15, so I just ordered all three, given that they could do next-day delivery, which means that I just need the last to last for another hour or two and I should be fine.
April 7, 2019, 1:12 AM · And I stand corrected. I looked at Amazon and saw that USB to barrel plug cords are extremely common. And the most common of the common seems to be 5.5x2.1mm, which is probably what you'll need.
Edited: April 8, 2019, 2:32 PM · The connector on my Lotus Light Pro 6 is approximately 3mm outer diameter, 1.1-1.4 mm inner diameter and 1cm long, which is the closest match to a type G (from RadioShack Table). Best ask Lotus, they are pretty good at answering questions. I don't know if the Pro 14 uses the same connector but googleing it you find out there is a lot of variability. You must match all 3 dimensions for best connection.

Addendum: Looking at the Lotus web site, both Pro 14 and Pro 6 seem to use the same battery pack.

April 7, 2019, 9:25 PM · I have Mightybright LED lights. I made two USB cables (one for home, one for the case) by clipping off the unneeded end of discard USB cables, and soldering on the DC barrel connectors that fit the lights. The voltage is not exactly right (5.4v, not 4.5v) but it seems to make no difference, and it’s very nice to be free from the AAA batteries. The USB pinout is readily available on line, but I recall it’s 1 and 4. Check it with a meter before first use to be sure you didn’t reverse polarity. I plug mine into a large USB battery that hangs on my music stand - it lasts for weeks with daily use.
April 9, 2019, 12:31 AM · For future reference, the Type H seems to fit and charge the light.
April 9, 2019, 4:32 PM · Good to know that the Type H works, tx Lydia.
April 11, 2019, 9:40 AM · Lotus sells a replacement (with AC adapter) on their site for $10 which is a decent price. So for us Lotus owners it might be worth getting a spare.

http://shop.lotuslights.net/replacement-a-c-adaptor/

April 11, 2019, 11:05 AM · Huh. I looked for a replacement on their site but didn't find it. Thanks for the link.

(I'm buying one because the cord is 9 feet, I think, rather than the very short Amazon cable which is fine for charging but not okay for running off power.)

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases