Internal Server Error

March 29, 2019, 9:00 AM · Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but there's a bug in the server when attempting to change profile photos (yes it's a square photo). Not sure where to put in a help request, but just so admins know, something's broken!

Replies (9)

March 29, 2019, 12:27 PM · Your new picture might be too many pixels
March 29, 2019, 3:32 PM · Just send email to Laurie. She'll forward that to Robert and you'll have an answer in a day or two unless she's traveling.
March 30, 2019, 3:38 PM · I tried a few different photos, and none of them worked. Hopefully they get it fixed soon! :)
April 3, 2019, 10:22 AM · Kristen, if you can email me a screenshot of the error message you are getting, we can figure it out.
April 17, 2019, 10:10 AM · Hi Laurie, I emailed you, but I'm not sure if it went through. I tried to upload a photo again and got the same error.
April 17, 2019, 10:56 AM · FWIW I had problems with my pic too. After several tries or browser refreshes it went through. Seemed to take awhile to register. The effect was not immediate. Google just had another update as well.
April 17, 2019, 11:05 AM · I tried changing my pic. The change shows up in explorer but not in Google. Possibly clearing the browser cache might do it.
April 18, 2019, 9:08 AM · Thanks, Tim! I'll try it :)
Edited: April 18, 2019, 9:21 AM · I forgot to mention if using Google hit CTRL+H, see "clear browsing data" tab on left. Delete picture cache.

Are you using a .jpg? Might be another issue since I still see your old pic. Not sure if the software accepts anything other than .jpg

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases