My own arrangement of Swan Lake

Edited: February 23, 2019, 1:32 PM · Hi!

This is a piano arrangement, not a violin, but however, who couldn't like Swan Lake even on piano :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6ngF4sny4

Tell me your opinion of my arrangement :)

(don't forget to subscribe and like if you'd like to see more my piano playing! Next song would be Toccata & Fuga in d minor or Chopin's C# minor nocturne, for example...)

Replies (8)

February 23, 2019, 3:07 PM · Good use of the piano's resources! Giving the best tunes, or some arpeggios and trills (not tremolos!) to the violin would be great for us fiddlers..
February 23, 2019, 3:12 PM · There is a standard piano version of Swan Lake, for ballet studio rehearsal purposes.

I have heard it many times. At times it sounds almost like Schumann.

February 24, 2019, 4:02 PM · still waiting for more opinions!! ;)
February 27, 2019, 10:19 AM · I heard a story that Kenan Evren (last military man to be President of Turkey) on a state visit to Moscow tells his wife "Get your swimming things, we're off to Swanlake". On arrival they realise their misapprehension and settle in their seats, when he promptly falls asleep. At the end his wife says to him, "Do you realise how considerate these Russians are? They even go on tiptoe to avoid disturbing you".
Edited: February 27, 2019, 10:27 PM · Bravo Samuel! Wonderful arrangement and playing. I’ll send it to my friends in the NYC Ballet Orchestra. Every great violinist I know has had some training on the piano - it really helps develop critical listening among other things.

There’s also a interesting and very virtuosic arrangement by Mikhail Pletnev of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker. Maria Andreeva, a fantastic violinist & pianist, has a few videos up on YouTube playing it.

March 1, 2019, 3:36 PM · Nate Robinson Thank you!!! :)
March 1, 2019, 3:45 PM · Samuel, I was ramping up to saying that any rendition of Swan Lake is BS, and thoroughly worn out, but after listening to it, that's actually quite nice.
March 2, 2019, 7:09 AM · David Burges Thanks :)

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases