Curiosity Questions About the Viola D’amore
I'm really curious about a few things related to the viola d'amore. I've researched this and can't find a clear answer:
1. How long is a viola d'amore's body?
2. Are violin and/or viola chin and shoulder rests compatible with a viola d'amore? If not, what do players use instead?
3. What is the string length of a viola d'amore? Is it the same as a violin or longer? I found two contradictory sources about this.
4. What sort of bow is used? A violin bow or a viola bow?
Thanks in advance.
1. They vary. No real standard. I have a Martin Biller in the shop at present that is 395mm, and I have seen them much larger.I know a Biller that is 440mm!
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.