Eastman carbon fibre violin bows

January 22, 2019, 10:33 PM · Can someone give me an opinion about the Eastman carbon fibre violin bows
Thanks

Replies (2)

January 23, 2019, 9:43 AM · If you mean the Cadenza 305 (also called Cadenza Master or Cadenza 3-star), this is my main bow and I love it. A top pro who performs with rare and priceless bows told me that I'd have to spend at least $2000 to find a pernambuco bow that plays as well as the 305. I have two 305's, plus my daughter uses one and I have another for my viola. My daughter considered one for her cello but selected the CodaBow Diamond SX instead.
January 23, 2019, 10:20 AM · Thanks Paul. I had forgotten that I posed the same question previously in November/17. I have a 302 that I like. Would you say that the playability of the 302 is similar to the 305? I am not concerned with the cosmetics. I would rather not upgrade to the 305 for cosmetics only!
I read your resume which is quite impressive. I don’t know how you and your wife have time to eat and sleep!
I am a retired GP/FP IN Sudbury Ontario Canada, 250 mi north of Toronto. We have quite a bit of snow here.
I am just an average player. I have read about many carbon fibre bows and the Cadenza is rarely mentioned
Cheers
Terry

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins