What song is this?

Edited: January 14, 2019, 9:52 AM · I've heard this melody before but I can't remember the name. Can someone help? It's really haunting me.

Replies (8)

Edited: January 14, 2019, 10:11 AM · I think that's one of the themes from Schindler's List.

Editing: whoops. Paul is correct. The violin threw me--I'm used to hearing that on guitar.

Edited: January 14, 2019, 12:56 PM · Concierto de Aranjuez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concierto_de_Aranjuez

Chick Corea famously adapted it as an introduction to his signature tune, "Spain" with lyrics that were sung by Al Jarreau. The tune has been recorded by tons of jazz musicians from Herb Alpert to Miles Davis.

January 14, 2019, 12:06 PM · I'm used to hearing it on guitar too. That's why I couldn't place it. Thank you both.
January 14, 2019, 1:37 PM · The player is getting a nice sound from his amplifier. On my little iPhone screen I can't tell if he's using a microphone or a pickup. Can anyone tell?
Edited: January 15, 2019, 10:59 AM · In the 2nd movement of the Aranjuez the theme is initially played by the cor anglais, and later on other instruments get a bite at the cherry. That is how I remember it from the only performance I was in many years ago.
Edited: January 14, 2019, 4:21 PM · Hi Mark. It's hard to tell, but I'm seeing what might be a small silver mic clamped on to his tailpiece on the e string side. Here's a different video with a better view at about 0:47.
January 14, 2019, 11:12 PM · Clearly a microphone. You can hear the wind and crowd noise amplified through his speaker on that second video.
January 15, 2019, 10:29 AM · Agree that is is a microphone.... but the wind and crowd noise is coming from the device [phone] that the person recorded the video with.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic