@ Perry Whelan - Mendelssohn Early pieces for Violin and Piano

January 13, 2019, 12:18 PM · Last month you asked for the sheets for Mendelssohns early pieces for Violin and Piano.
If you have not managed to find them I now have them and can send you a PDF if you send me your e-mail.

Replies (7)

January 13, 2019, 2:35 PM · Over the years I have often heard our classical radio station DJs say and now we will listen to a piece written by the young Felix Mendelssohn when he was 8 years old or this symphony was written when he was a mere 12 years old and did not even see 40 years. I wonder wjere does this innate talent come from at such a young age in life and it just awes me and makes me feel so mediocre.
January 14, 2019, 12:20 AM · Consider Mendelssohn's work is now public domain, do you mind posting it here for everyone as well ?
January 14, 2019, 1:54 AM · His works are public domain, but these were published in 1985, so I'm not sure if the edition is public domain. Does someone here know how long the copyright is on sheet music editions?
January 14, 2019, 9:51 AM · An edition maintains copyright just like an original work, as far as I know.
Edited: January 14, 2019, 10:22 AM · Pretty much 95 years after publication. Might be earlier for stuff published from 1924 to 1964 - but if the composer or heirs requested extension it will still be 95 years after original publication date.

So basically anything first published during a person's awareness of it will remain in copyright all their life long!

Edited: January 27, 2019, 11:56 AM · Thank you. You may reach me at my.name@gmail (I've also update my Contact here with my email address).. I was unable to source these early works from our local conservatory. I've not heard back from R. Larry Todd. However, Nicholas Milton did follow-up, but was, himself, unable to locate the materials.
January 27, 2019, 2:34 PM · Should be in you inbox now...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases